Welcome to my blog about, at least mostly, games. Here you can find reviews, impressions, pictures and things that I think are interesting enough to write about. If you want me to speak up on something, then write it to me. Want to discuss something in a post then write it in the comments. Hope it will be good reading for you.

lördag 26 november 2011

The top 100 games of all time 30-21

Wow, it's been a while since I've done this, just had a lot to do. Sorry 'bout that. Here we go!

30.
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo EAD, Nintendo 64, 2000)
Majora's Mask was great in a way that is rare for many games. With the Success of Ocarina of Time, I think Nintendo decided to give their hardcore gamers a game. That was Majora's Mask, more adult, harder, darker story, and where most games since have tried to trump and be like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask did something different. I would love a Zelda like this one, I hope that the next will be like it too.

29.
God of War III (Santa Monica Studios, Playstation 3, 2010)
Yeah, I am the God of War, and I am beyond awesome! What makes God of War so great is beside almost perfect gameplay and control, you feel like the God of war. The Greek mythology is well presented and makes you interested. The third instalment does everything right, great story, awesome ending to an awesome trilogy.

28.
Diablo II (Blizzard North, PC, 2000)
This is in many ways the perfect game. The first time I played it I played until I had cleared half the game, and then I quit playing for a while, restarted, half the game, restarted, almost the whole game, and so on. Eventually I finished the game, the thing about it though is that it's fun all the way. But where it's as most fun is when you play with your friends, we played through the game a couple of times, in one weekend. One of the most fun experiences I've had with a game, ever.

27.
Half-Life 2 (Valve Corporation, PC, 2004)
What sets Half-Life apart from other FPS is not that it's a perfect game, although it's pretty great, but the mystical story is what elevates it from a FPS that sticks out a bit, to the greatest FPS done (Sure, I have two First Person games left, but neither can be classified as a Shooter). The surroundings, the fact that you never brake the first person view, everything is done to make the experience the best it can get. And G-man is the most amazing character of all time, creepy but reassuring at the same time. This is not a game anyone should miss.

26.
Final Fantasy VIII (Square, Playstation, 1999)
Part eight in the never ending Final Fantasy saga is great because it's fun, it has a twisted and good story, and some really great characters. But I loved it because of what it was, a game where you could do a lot, there where summons to capture, there where Chocobo puzzles to solve, über-bosses to destroy, Limit Breaks to learn, Weapons to acquire, and so on. And it's never dull, never tedious, always fun, always epic.

25.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Silicon Knights, GameCube, 2002)
This is the first and one of a few games that have manage to scare the ever living crap out of me, and that to N64 graphics. The story is amazingly put together and the characters are interesting and alive. But it's the way that you're scared that makes the game so great. The atmosphere is intense and some times you get a message to 'plug in your controller' while monsters devours you. Nothing is what it seems and that's why I love Eternal Darkness. Play it, say goodbye to your sanity.

24.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Nintendo EAD, GameCube, 2002)
Wind Waker is another step away from Ocarina of Time, but in only two ways and not as much as Majora's Mask. First, the game uses cel shaded graphics which gives the game a getter flow of movements. It may look childish, but then again, you'll miss out on a great game. The other thing is the wast open sea, it might get boring when you're coming to the end of the game, but sailing the high seas are truly epic. The new items are fun and ads something to the game, especially the deku leaf. The Camera is also a really addicting part of the game, that I have missed in the games succeeding it. Wind Waker is the best Zelda on GameCube, and third best Zelda of all time.

23.
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Rocksteady Studios, Xbox 360, 2009)
I love Batman, because the character himself is interesting and fun, and because the villains are even more fun. And Arkham Asylum is crawling with them. I tried long and hard (hehe) to think of a flaw in the game. I found none, the controller works perfectly, the story is great and the villains are represented perfectly. There are even hints and winks for Batman fans to point and say 'hey, I got that'. There is one flaw, It's too short, actually, but it doesn't matter. It's still amazing.

22.
Metal Gear Solid (KCEJ, Playstation, 1998)
This was also one of those games that I played over and over and over again on a demo. I loved it. Then I played the real game, and I loved it even more. Engaging story, awesome characters and voice actors, something that games mostly lacked in 1998. Great music, weapons made for realism, and multiple endings, calling for replay, made Metal Gear Solid one of the most important games of the Playstation era, and one of the best as well.

21.
The World Ends With You
(Square Enix, Nintendo DS, 2007)
I like Japanese culture, I find it interesting, I don't love it, but it's interesting. The World Ends With You is Japanese culture made into a game. Or mostly the hip and fashion culture. I was really intrigued by this game for many reasons. It had a really interesting story, interesting characters and was great fun to play as well. And I guess that's the thing, while being a really good game, it's interesting, I feel like I learn something, and not in a bad way. The high point of the Nintendo DS for sure, and a JRPG golden speck in a sea of crap.

20-11 Soon!... Hopefully!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar