Welcome to my blog about, at least mostly, games. Here you can find reviews, impressions, pictures and things that I think are interesting enough to write about. If you want me to speak up on something, then write it to me. Want to discuss something in a post then write it in the comments. Hope it will be good reading for you.

tisdag 29 januari 2013

2013 I long the most for...

Wow, we leave a great year behind and look forward to what seems to be an even better year. Why, you may ask? Well, because reasons I am about to say, right now.

I mean, how good can a year start? First of all I look forward (?) to DmC, yeah, well, I've already played it... thrice, and is on my forth run, and despite some flaws, where all are quite small, this is a game that really lived up to my expectations, and then some. But, it that's not all January has to offer. Remember my top 5 hope for the Japanese RPG? In fifth place I placed a called Ni no Kuni. It's been released, to great reviews, and therefore I am hyped. My love for the genre is big enough that this is a real must have.

This spring has a lot to offer, and is the main reason that this year will kick last years ass. We have two huge contenders for the "Best Action Hack 'n' Slash" prize other than DmC, both Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, from the geniuses that gave us the original Devil May Cry and the quite overrated but still good Bayonetta. Let's see if they can do anything new with the genre they once defined, but I have high hopes. Second we have God of War: Ascension and I love the series, so much that I think that Dante's Inferno is a great game, well, it's the same game. So this also promises to be an awesome gore feast with our most beloved demi-god.

In the more serious category this spring we have the Uncharted wannabe Tomb Raider reboot and the Uncharted creator's The Last of Us. Tomb Raider looks sweet, but The Last of Us look to be one of the best games this year, if not the best. I love how the industry seems to be taking a more serious turn to scripts and acting, and I think both these games will play on both amotions and general F*ck Yeah attitude.

Sequel time! The most anticipated sequels this spring are two very different games, in on corned we have BioShock Infinite, a serious, bad ass, dive into despair, but this time in the clouds. I love the feel and look of this game, and yeah, not many shooters this year, so I think this will dominate the genre, by far. Second we have Rayman Legends for the Wii U. Origins was so much fun playing alone, the wacky design, the wonderful controller, the graphics Oh dear mother of all that is good and pure, the graphics! And then three of my friends came over to play. We're talking fun overload here, so just based on that, this is going to be amazing.

I will be looking forward a lot to information this year. Both Playstation 4 and the new Xbox is around the corner, and that's going to be amazing. It will be a close call which company has the best E3 presentation, with two new consoles, and a Nintendo that will probably show us Super Smash 4, a Legend of Zelda in HD, a new Mario game and whatever Retro Studios has been up to (New Metroid *fingers crossed*). I hope to find out more about The Walking Dead Season 2, Watch Dogs, Remember Me, Beyond: Two Souls and what faith has become The Last Guardian.

And there it is, what I look forward to, in 2013. No GTA V? No, I don't like GTA, it's too free, I have no motivation! But yeah, I'll probably play it if someone I know gets it. But this year has plenty of awesome to go around. I'll probably go for The Last of Us or BioShock: Infinite as game of the year. That is, if not a certain steady rock keeps the streak going an produces a game every two years. Then maybe, the price will once again go to the man in the cape.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar